Analog Four Editors

thanks
not sure what you mean by ‘singular issues’?
I expect there might be some bugs, and there are a few more things I want to add.

Thanks!

I haven’t done the A4 -> Reaktor part … could try it if it was of use to people. [/quote]
OK. Software editors that update in real time from the hardware are very important to my workflow. I don’t want to be using the mouse for anything I can do with the hardware, so with no way of syncing hardware parameters changes to the software editor I wouldn’t personally find much practical use for it.
Looks great so far though, and I really hope you implement A4-> Reaktor. Good work. :slight_smile:

sorry…my English…i mean peculiar/particular.
A guy using a Max/Msp editor got the A4 totally un-calibrated due to some strange CC (or else?) so he had to perform the Calibration routine. And this scares me a bit…

Looks great! Will check it out.

Thanks

[quote="“sicijk”"]

sorry…my English…i mean peculiar/particular.
A guy using a Max/Msp editor got the A4 totally un-calibrated due to some strange CC (or else?) so he had to perform the Calibration routine. And this scares me a bit…[/quote]
I was using hyakken’s Max based editor at the time the A4 lost it’s calibration… that doesn’t mean it was the cause. However, void managed to kill his CV by sending a random Sysex to the A4 as well, so it seems there are some mystery debug commands we need to watch out for. That or it is a bug.

I’m only sending NPRN & CC to the A4 as listed in the manual.

That said I can’t guarantee Reaktor won’t send something in error, but it seems unlikely.

I wasn’t suggesting that editors are breaking A4s :slight_smile:

The Max editor is only sending CC/NRPN also, not sure what void was doing though. I thought it was worth noting is all.

I was spamming the A4 with sysex which was targeted to it… so what happened here was not a bug, but an accidental triggering of a certain debugging command…

I did see some odd behaviour with the machine though when sending waaaaay too much CC messages at once to it…
lagging UI / weird blinking lights… so yeah imo what can happen is some sort of race-condition / overflow when too much/too fast MIDI is sent, which may make the OS barf, and in your case it somehow messed with the voice calibration…

conclusion:

• do not send waaaaay too much CC messages to the A4 at once.
  • do not send sysex commands to the A4 unless you know what you’re doing.

that said, the A4 MIDI is usually rock solid.

Upgraded the previous editor to address all 4 voices and added sequencers for notes/vel/any modulators you want to sequence.

where would i find this?

https://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=13688

Reaktor 5.9 needed ?

yes

would this allow me to order/organize patches and patterns better? would LOVE to do this outside of the a4.

can i import midi patterns as well?

Yes, you just have to first sync each A4 track’s sound parameters with the Reaktor Editor by hitting ‘To A4’ button in the CONTROL part of the Editor for each A4SynthTrack. This sends the current Reaktor parameter settings for that A4SynthTrack to the A4.
(So it is best to set up a simple snapshot in Reaktor for each A4SynthTrack first that is your ‘blank’ clear slate starting point).

Thereafter if you tweak or randomize that A4SynthTrack starting point in Reaktor, once you hear something you like coming out of the A4, you can then save those settings in that Reaktor A4SynthTrack as a new named snapshot.
That snapshot can be recalled at any time, and then you just hit ‘To A4’ to send the sound settings to the A4 and you should hear your sound again.

You can always then also save the sound on the A4 natively as well.

The main rule is to only adjust the sound settings IN REAKTOR when you are tweaking - I haven’t hooked up the A4-> Reaktor incoming midi/NPRN stuff yet, so the Reaktor Editor won’t recognise if you make changes directly on the A4. This feature may be worth adding if you want to tweak an A4-sync’d Reaktor Blank snapshot using the A4’s knobs instead of your mouse and desktop screen.

You can use the randomize function in the Reaktor snapshot manager to find sounds by jumbling up all the parameters in the Editor that are enabled for randomisation.
You can also morph between snapshots which can find interesting intermediate sounds.

AFAIK Reaktor doesn’t do midi import, but you can save your snaps in the A4 sequencers aswell.

You can also record midi into the A4sequencers in the Editor by playing in a keyboard or midi file player and recording it.

The A4 sequencers can be removed from the Reaktor ensemble and any other sequencer from the Reaktor library could be hooked up instead. Or you could take midi in to Reaktor from some other source/daw/controller.

How do I set this up?

I don’t see where I set Reaktor to route MIDI to the A4.

Is there an a software editor that can be used to organize songs, projects, patterns etc on the A4?

2 Likes

Bump - interested in this, too.

Me too interested!