Ambient post electro Liveset OT, DN, M32, DFAM, OP1, Guitar

Here´s my latest completely improvised liveset.

I was kindly invited to play at the WERKRAUM show opening in Erfurts beautiful Heizwerk. What a nice place! Check out https://www.facebook.com/events/2116596688616790/
for more infos.

Setup:
Elektron Octatrack INAB: iPad with audiobus, tonestack, colossus piano, vocalive, samplr, key step, op1 and epiphone sg guitar into an iconnect audio 4+

Elektron Octatrack INCD: mother32 and dfam into digitone

3 Likes

Hi @AndreN

I love this setup. Are the M32 and DFAM going straight in the DN with TS cables (or do you transform them to line level first for the DN stereo input)?

Can the DN be setup to effect the 2 channels separately?

Where is the OP-1 in the chain? Audio out going in the Iconnect togehter with mic, guitar and ipad?

Thanks, enjoyed your session.

Hi Tony,
yes, M32 and DFAM go straight into the DN with TRS cables. Input sens on the DN is about 42 and the moogs are on around 50% vol. Works just fine. No conversion needed.

AFAIK you can only have separate input sensitivity on the DN input settings. The master effects apply to both inputs the same.

Yes OP1 audio goes into ICA4+, which also syncs the op1, a umi3 foot pedal for OT handsfree sampling and the keystep.

I am still learning to handle all this stuff in a live situation. Especially monitoring is an issue. I want to get rid of the headphones, but in some cases I can’t, because I need the metronome etc. But other than that it´s pretty cool. I miss my a4 and the rytm, but the set has to fit on my guitar case. That´s my own restriction :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about a visual tempo representation?
Rheyne does this in his Ableton Live Looping to avoid having to look at a screen.

Should be possible to set up with the ICA4+ USB host + a midi channel to send to from your master. (Now I want to test this myself,… noooooooo) :wink:

Thanks for sharing Andre!
Cheers

Here he talks about visual tempo representation:

1 Like

Uhh, good tip. But I need to look/concentrate on the guitar/piano. I tried this once with loopy. I can flash the iPad screen, but it was just not my thing (or it needs some time/practice at least).

1 Like