AKWF waveforms - tuning?

Tonight’s work: I can now pitch up all AKWF waves up to C6 (around 1kHz, better than a Minitaur!!). For some obscure reason SoX won’t let me go higher (maybe the sample lengh it too short?)…
I also retuned the waves in C so that they can be played in chromatic mode, big improvement!

Got some reaaaaally nice sounds tonight with those new waves :slight_smile:

To be done:

• pitch down, let’s see if I can reach C0.
  • try to get a perfect tuning, I’m still a few Hz off from perfect notes, not sure what’s the problem but will work on it.

Hopefully I can finish it this week-end :slight_smile:

Actually I didn’t try it myself but free and multi-platform Audacity has batch processing feature. Change pitch is in the list of the batch actions.

Ah I think that was me, cheers mate :slight_smile:

I’ve just started using the OT as a synth with the AKWF-s.
So far so good, waiting for the re-pitched waves Jaalmadakan!
Meantime playing with Tarekith’s single cycle waveforms…

Jaalmadakan, would be magic if you could make it work!

Hi!

I just saw the post and thought to link here with my topic. It might be usefull for what you guys are after!

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/single-cycle-waveform-sample-chains/2708

I basically created Sample Chains containing groups of 64 AKWF Waveforms. There are 15 files in total so Pitch shifting is way faster than one by one or doing batch processing.

Hope that helps!

So far so good, waiting for the re-pitched waves Jaalmadakan!

Well, time for an update maybe? :slight_smile:

I finally managed to make a script that accurately repitches all the single waves, and man it sounds AMAZING from C0 to C5 (at all pitches). Fat sub basses, crystal clear leads… hmm you can even do multiple oscillators evolving textures using several tracks !

However funny things happened with repitched waves at C6 and C7, the Octatrack won’t play them back correctly (pitch and timbre is off) although they look fine in Audactiy…

I sent an e-mail to Elektron HQ who could reproduce this behavior and they promised me to investigate it further…

Singlewaves at C6 and above means a sub-millisecond long samples so I’m only half surprised that it doesn’t work correctly, after all how could they expect such a weird use case !

Now waiting for HQ reply. If they can fix the high-frequency waves I’ll release them all, if they can’t I’ll just release waves from C0 to C5.

Sounding great!! did you resample them using SoX?

If you release the AKWF repitched, I will update my package with the new Sample Chains tuned in C.
Nice to hear the Elektron team is working on the pitch issue, it also surprissed me at first that the 64 waveforms sample chains were going to work propperly due to the tiny size of the samples… but it does…

Lots of fun awaiting here… :slight_smile:

Wow, can’t wait!

Yes! What a great turn this thread just took. Really looking forward to tuned sample chain goodness.

You guys are getting some major karmic credit here :slight_smile:

Without knowing too much about the technical work behind these developments, can I ask how much trouble it might be to separate the waves? I’m curious because that way they would be equally useful for Monomachine and Machinedrum.

The waves are here for the monomachine as well.
http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/

The waves are here for the monomachine as well.
http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/

I meant repitched.

Gotcha. Looks like the individuals will be available re-pitched first.

Couldn’t the chains be changed as they are now as well?

The samples in thechains are all different pitches so I can’t do that.

Working on the individuals now. Pretty fast with DSP Quattro batch converter.

Thanks

I miss the ‘backslap’ and ‘feeling it’ emoticons… you people deserve them!

I just posted all the AKWF samples pitched to C in the MnM forum

Thanks

Great!!

We don´t have Santa Claus in Spain, we have instead the 3 Kings, they are coming tomorrow… so I will see what I can do in order to have them ready before tomorrow morning xD

If you don´t mind I might Include in my package the isolated ones, and the chains… This way would be the all in an C tuned and usefull for MnM and OT.

Cool! Looking forward. Sure you can include the retuned individuals.

Thanks.

Multiman, this is going to be super useful for MnM (and MD as well, as it can also use 1-cycles). As I just mentioned to tsv and Tyrone in the other thread, I owe you beers as well :slight_smile: