Acid and reece basslines/breakcore drums and fuckeryXD

hey machineheads!
I have recently purchased md uw and iam in love with it!
been wondering if u can get me some tips on making some acids and reeces , I saw video on youtube but I cant make it work…Also maybe u know some good technics for drum mashing and beats breaking…some pointer how to start would be great…

Best!!!

1 Like

For acid bassline you can import single cycle waves (Saw / Square) with C6, loop enabled.
Use filters, assign lfo to filter Width, use lfo saw wav, change speed and depth to act as a envelope filter decay. Slide + plocks on pitch for glide.

1 Like

I was reading up on Reese bass

https://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/how-to-make-a-reese-bass-sound-258701

I didn’t know the originator was Kevin Saunderson

2 Likes

Yeah it’s amazing how many aspects of modern electronic music were defined by pioneers years ago. 30 years ago in this case. :wink:

2 Likes

Example, thru Analog Heat

2 Likes

I don’t know if you could get an acid bassline with the internal engine… but there are diferent machines you could use to get Bass sound after tweaked enough. I usually tweak those TRX-BD2, GND-SN, EFM-XT but I know you can get similar with certain others (in general kicks and toms). You can tweak these machines with long decay and LFO, help to get longer notes of bass and get similar reece bass.

hey mate thnx,i will look at it, btw sweet sounds!