A4 mkii vs Prophet 6 Desktop

Very true, very true :slight_smile:

Many great hardware synths sound like soft synths, cause nowadays softsynths sound awesome :wink:
So it’s more the other way around I guess

1 Like

Yes true. Softsynths are unbelievable now.
When I mentioned it sounds like an average soft synth, i was referring to the A4 not really sounding analog, much more digital i.e softsynth in comparison to the other synths mentioned.
For example I use Diva predominantly for all my bass and it sounds much bigger and more ‘analog’ than the A4
Nothing wrong with the A4 not sounding analog, but then what’s the point? May as well have an advanced digital synth. Well the point is the sequencer I guess
Saying all this, haven’t heard the mk2 so it may be better

2 Likes

I don’t want to compare them, but I agree that DIVA is still outstanding

Attractive Used Price
I have a P6 Module on eBay for $ 1375 today
Purchased :grin:

5 Likes

Good choice :+1:

1 Like

I got both…could Not decide. Perfect mates…

1 Like

There’s only one possible way of concluding once and for all the best analog synth…

We need a ‘Stranger Things’ shootout :joy:

2 Likes

Every, every every time I check YT videos on Prophet 6’s, I start throwing money at the screen … my wife picks it up and goes shopping… kids stuff, groceries, clothes, kitchen aids, interieur shizzle.

It’s not my turn, yet.
:smile:

6 Likes

Family first … is IMO an excellent maxim. I never regreted it :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh god please no :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Now I remember I found this channel a while ago.
This is a very different approach to stranger things synth videos :slight_smile:

3 Likes

An analog synth can only be judged by its Stranger Things rendition

3 Likes

Without a doubt.

2 Likes

Definitely

2 Likes

Weird.
Always thought it was done with Diva
Oh yes if you look closely on the guys laptop you can see it :joy:

3 Likes

That is really good. It reminds me a bit of this one that serves as a great reminder that one can make beautiful synth music with a mono.

2 Likes

Not discounting the P6, at all. Great filter, great synth.
But the composition used for that preset could sell many other synths.
It has so much in common with other great soundtrack music by Max Richter and also by Hans Zimmer.

3 Likes

it’s a gorgeous composition; after four and a half minutes i was over it although that could have been due to the somewhat insistent energy brought to the patch sound design.
anyway… utterly beautiful, mesmerising and magical to start with tho.

i was wondering about the Sequential Circuits name, and found some cool information from an article about the P6…

“by the time that 2014 rolled around, the people at DSI had long been considering building a VCO/VCF/VCA polysynth. Then, when Ikutaro Kakehashi of Roland Corporation suggested to Yamaha that they return the Sequential Circuits name to Dave Smith, and Yamaha generously did so, the idea became too strong to resist.”

personally i am wondering about the comparisons and comparable benefits of the P-6 and Ob-6.

someone mentioned that both would be convenient as then it would be one synth for each hand.

2 Likes

The P6 presets are absolutely brilliant done. Best i ve heard in a Synth so far. Good that they didnt try to appeal any music Trend rather working Out the strengths of the P6.

1 Like