A4 MKII encoder sensitivity

Any thoughts on the the A4 MKII’s encoder sensitiviy?

I find the sensitivity for most parameters fine, however, for discrete parameters (OSC tuning, ARP semitone values) , the encoders seem a little too sensitive, as one often wants to get an exact value and not +/-1.

1 Like

I can second that.

Didnt E. already acknowledged this as a bug? If Not lets File a Ticket. Because it bothers me too.

Same for tempo. There are likely others that I’m forgetting.

1 Like

I’m not aware that this was ackd by E. I’ll wait a bit and then file a ticket.

You can use the keys

Yeah the encoder sensitivity sucks on my A4 MKll. When in Arp Setup, the semitone values jump all over the place and the acceleration rate is way too fast, making it damn near useless and undesirable to have.

If I press and hold down one of the trig buttons to adjust the semitone of a step in Arp Setup then lightly tap encoder A the semitone value of that step will just start jumping up and and down and continue to do so until I release the trig button.

This thing is stupid. It’s not like the A4’s sound is that great anyways or has loads of character. So if the sequencing and programing interface doesn’t work properly it’s like what the hell is the point of this thing?

1 Like

Encoder acceleration for Tempo is terrible/too fast also.

The AR2 has the same encoder problem as the A42. The Digitakt had encoder sensitivity issues as well, but I believe Elektron resolved that with an OS update. Hopefully they do the same for the new big box units… Sooner rather than later.

The Waldorf Blofeld has similar issues with encoders and it took Waldorf YEARS to fix it. Hopefully, Elektron does not take forever to resolve it.