A4 MKII but no overbridge in USB CFG menu

Hello everyone!

Who uses the A4 MKII with overbridge? I don’t have the option in the USB CFGi-menu. Firmware is 1.30b, the unit is from June 2018 - so, from what the website and both manuals (A4 and overbridge) say, it should be able to connect. Below is a picture of the menu where the entry is missing.

Every help is much appriciated!

Andreas

Nobody.

OB isn’t in mk2 yet

1 Like

You’re going to want to sign up for the Overbridge Beta

and update to OS 1.35

2 Likes

if your new to elektron / overbridge…

there is an old version of overbridge for old gear … theyre working on a new one for digitakt , digitone , rytm2 etc. (not octatrack , octatrack 2)
its not out yet but is mentioned on boxes / package / marketing.

the new updates released yesterday will help in the future but the overbridge 2 software on mac/pc is still in development and they announced beta yesterday.

i think that is a quick summary . a lot of this forum will have much more detail on it.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replies!

I am a bit puzzled now. The elektron homepage clearly states, that the A4 MK2 can work with overbridge. The firmware to run overbridge 1.15 is 1.30b and installed on my unit.

But what I learned that OS1.35 and Overbridge 2 beta work?

Do you guys have experience with the updates?

only for a Mk1 though

you’ll just have to wait for the full mk2 compatible release or try to sign up for the restricted beta in the thread discussing that

2 Likes

Am I tripping? I updated the OS and overbridge won’t see it, even with overbridge mode turned on in the analog 4 mkii menu. It’s still kind of unclear to me.

It’s not out yet and probably won’t be for a while.

Overbridge 2.0 which is compatible with the mkii units just entered closed beta. There is a thread on the board (and the front page) where there is a link to sign up for the closed beta.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing things up! Still a bit disappointed, because the advertisment and product descriptions miss lead. Anyways, I signed up for the beta, lets see how that goes.
Best wishes,
Andreas