A4 mk2/MKII OS 1.30B : Bug reports

You encountered something wrong in A4 mk2 OS 1.30A or 1.30B and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

1 Like

Issue with Accents. Posted this in another thread:

A4mkii accent value bug?

1 Like

Here are some of my little troubles… I would appreciate if you confirm observing these, so that I can declare them to :3lektron: support.

• on the 4th track, I have noticed that the first time I Live records notes from the mini-keyboard, some notes Velocity are locked to 48 instead of 100. Don’t know why velocity is locked in the first place, but this value of 48 is really weird.
  • I encountered some pb with voice stealing. Kit Allocation set to Reset or Unison // 4 voices checked, I observed that I could hear the sound of the other voices.
  • on lots of menus the Press+Turn -> fast dialing behavior is not available (still have to make this list)

Weird thing about the 2 first points is that I don’t reproduce this always : at some point I was able to have proper Unison for instance.

Please check and report, reproducing it or not :slight_smile:

Anyone else have any issues with their a4mk2 outta the box? I am experiencing a few and wondering if i should return due to faulty parts or whatever.

• Seems like the “push knob to remove p lock” feature doesnt work on all the main knobs.
      2)- The note value being displayed on the “key bed” for specific notes doesnt show the key i pressed

Is anyone else experiencing this? I know elektron’s customer service is pretty awesome but figured i would ask just in case before i jump the gun and send mine in.

1. is a known bug acknowledged by Elektron.
1 Like

Ah thank you. So now I just have to wrry about those pesky encoders :smiley:

About #1:
Sometimes I cannot adjust the p locked parameter, don’t know why

oh no!

My #4 sequencer is not white back led, but yellow!

and is this a bug?

When I plock a sound from the soundpool,
and then I press the sequencer step with the p-locked sound
then on the display, I always see the soundpool list

This, I only need when turning the soundpool selectrion knob…
Now is hiding my settings, if I want them to re-p-lock them to a different parameter setting.

This issue is what I was talking about in your other thread.

Also, none of the parameters are lit, active in the sound lock state

Two more

1. fine tune encoder on OSC1/OSC2 pages doesn’t stop at 64, but runs over and starts again from -63 when turning encoder B to the right, after returning to center position, oscillator is out of tune

EDIT: Elektron got back to me on this one, it is by design. Rolling over influences the tune value. I should have had coffee first.

1. ENV/LFO retrig controls on NOTE page don’t work (they don’t react to encoder turns) and their UI is inconsistent with other switches in the UI

EDIT: checked the manual (should’ve done that first). Here goes: “µTM, ENV, and LFO settings can only be changed when parameter locked”

Support tickets opened for both.

2 Likes

Doesn’t a yellow trig just indicate a p-lock?

What you mean is a trigless trig, but that’s not what @wouzer is showing (if there were one on the yellowish step, the “frame” of the button would be lit, too and recording mode is off).

I’ve noticed on the LFO Depth parameter, pressing and turning makes value selection slower or ‘more accurate’. Since the new encoders are pretty fast anyway, I have to say I actually prefer this erroneous behavior

I am noticing that Control Input 1 (have not tested on 2 yet) does not honor its setting on restart. In my case: the MODE will show CV but nothing will have an effect until I open the Control Input 1 settings page and then close it. On closing the page, the settings take effect, even if no settings were changed

I didn’t see a thread for A4MKII bugs, so I thought I’d kick this off. Here are a couple of things I’ve encountered in 1.30A:

• Accent function: FUNC + ACCENT, shows large number (typically 8192) and can only be adjusted down, not up.

• Keyboard LEDs: lighted LEDs don’t correspond to selected note(s). For monophonic sequences this is not an issue (you can simply view the p-locked note on the screen). For chords, it’s a PITA.

I believe both bugs have been acknowledged by Elektron. There was some talk about both of them in some other thread, but it’s good to have it consolidated here.

Ah, looks like I’m not the only one seeing this stuff. Suggestion to mods: retitle this thread “MKII” instead of “mk2” so it shows up in search when using the Elektron naming convention.

Have you considered updating to 1.30B?

2 Likes

Good grief, I totally missed this update. Looks like both of my bugs are in the fix list, downloading now.

Update: Accent function and keyboard LED bugs are indeed squashed after updating to 1.30B!

1 Like