A4 + Microbrute & other units?

i can’t seem to find any videos of the A4 being connected via CV to a microbrute…

i’m really eager to see what i could connect the A4 for under $300, and the microbrute first popped into my head…

I have a A4 and Microbrute. The A4 really stretches the capabilities for modulating. The Microbrute is a beast of synth by itself and punches well above its weight with the A4 connected to it. No video though. I made some custom 1 x 1/4" to 2 x 1/8" cables to connect to the MB and my growing Euro rig without having to use adaptors.

Another great and inexpensive option would be the Pittsburg Modular Block

http://www.novamusik.com/pittsburgh-modular-synthesizers-synthesizer-block-eurorack-module.html

microbrute is amazing value, and where i’d start - the monotribes (also v cheap) are a hoot when hooked up via cv albeit only pitch/gate !
You may get a s/h Dark Energy w VCO for microbrute money !

Mutable instruments makes the Braids and some other AMAZING modules as well as at least one stand alone CV capable unit.

The braids unit would bring tears to your eyes coming in through the delay and reverb on the A4…

i know that Jomox M-base works great -
you get a great analog kick on cv track (a4 cv out triger in on m-base)
best
niko

i LOVE running my pulse and sh101 through the a4!!!

i’ve actually got my sh101 going through a frostwave resonator and then into the a4. i can get some pretty crazy and unique sounds out of that combo and adding chorus, delay and reverb. ugh, beautiful!

i’m no maestro but you can hear me do some tweaking on the mainsynth sequence which is coming from the microbrute.

where can i find the right kind of insert cable to use the microbrute with the a4?

^ enjoyed that - especially the bopping :wink:

seems to be a gap in the market there
plenty of threads for ideas and breakout boxes
including this recent one
i did my own

seems to be a gap in the market there
plenty of threads for ideas and breakout boxes
including this recent one
i did my own

[/quote]
very nice. wanna sell a pair?! :slight_smile:

^ not thinking of doing anything like that, but search for darenager’s diy mods

easiest way would be to buy and split a long stackable and solder (or get a buddy to) a 1/4 TRS plug to the end

I have a HOSA Insert cable i use. Just use a simple 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/10605_10151411494295947_1735818056_n.jpg

sick, that’s exactly what I’ll do then

…thumbs up for pitsbourgh modular…