A4 Feature Requests

Trig mute toggling. If this feature already exists, somebody please let me know.

I’d like to be able to set up some trig mutes, then toggle whether or not they are active. This would be really useful when combined with sound locks, it would be almost like having an extra track.

There is a workaround, to save a pattern with the trig mutes active, clear them to unmute the trigs and reload the saved version to mute again. It would be nice to have this mapped to a performance macro toggle though.

maybe i’m misunderstanding your q, but if you hold the relevant Trig(s) and press Trig Mute it will toggle the mute for that(those) trig(s)
(you can’t do it an a track basis, to my knowledge anyway)
or go into trig mute page - and do it there !

a workaround for you if you only have trigs on 1/8ths is to nudge the trig mutes
using Fn + > or Fn + < when on Trig Mute page Fn+TrigMute (A/E)

T _ T_ T_ T_ T_ T_ T_ T _ = trig track
m_m_m_m_m_m_m_m_ = mute track

T _ T_ T_ T_ T_ T_ T_ T _ = trig track
_m_m_m_m_m_m_m_m = nudged mute track (muting nothing)

hth

I think he wants to basically have a way to save a template for the trig mutes… don’t have my A4 here right now, what happens when you’re in the trig mute menu and hit FUNCTION+COPY?

yep - you can do that - copy the mute mask and selectively clear or paste it ! good call !

Thanks guys! All those suggestions make sense. I think the copy, clear, paste one is quite elegant although it might get messy if I had mute groups on several tracks.

The idea of shifting them all out of sequence by a 1/16th is neat too, unless of course there are sounds on neighbouring triggers.

Holding the relevant trigs is the simple answer, but it is limited by the number of fingers the user has! (and you can only do one page of a sequence at a time)

I still quite like my workaround of saving, clearing mutes then reloading. It would of course reset any other tweaks on the track but that needn’t be a bad thing in an arrangement.

Thanks again.

Ok, here’s another one:

When [Perf] is selected and recording is off so the six first trig buttons work like channel mutes…

It would be very, very nice if the other 10 trig buttons could either:

a) send MIDI data (externally). I sometimes use the Analog Four together with Renoise, and it would be great to be able to MIDI map those buttons to mute channels in that program. That way the whole performance could be controlled by the Analog Four, without the need for an additional controller to do mutes or other trigger-based changes in Renoise(/your program of choice).

b) work like performance buttons. Like the knobs, you would assign up to five parameters per button. When you pressed a button, those parameters would instantly add/subtract the amount chosen by the Depth value. Would be a great way to add abrupt timbre changes here and there. Manually triggered p-locks, sort of.

Of course, having the option of using both of the above would be the ideal way. A simple solution would be having them work as performance buttons (b), and let MIDI CCs to be sent externally be part of the available destinations (so if you chose CC#21 as the parameter, and 64 as the depth, pressing that button would send CC#21 with a value of 64 out of the unit).

I like your thinking :slight_smile: , however, i’d do away (soft choose) with the Track Mutes - then you can have 16 toggles (less messy) ! ie DelaySend 0 > DelaySend 100 etc
A toggle could even be set as Track Level, so you get mutes back !!!
I wouldn’t mind if it was even just one or two macros per trig, but it’s clear the A4 can handle the load, five would be amazing !
much much much more powerful as a performance feature
This is a f*****g brilliant suggestion, this has to happen, surely !!

@PES - Hope you don’t mind I embellished this and sent it off to Elektron, it’s just too good, cheers !
:slight_smile:

New ‘poll’ thread over here

Not at all, thanks. :wink:

Is it possible for the first filter to become a multimode in an update like the second filter; or can it only be low-pass?

never gonna happen, that’s the way the hardware is soldered !

Sound categories with pictures. Organizing is boring. :slight_smile: And things get mixed up anyway! :dizzy_face: It’s pretty common for me to fill up a page and beyond, then make another variation on a sound I like later and have to put it far away.

Assigning a little picture to a sound and then choosing that to sort would speed up finding/loading sounds.

Neighbor sounds especially are a drag to name - especially if they’re designed to work stacked two or three deep and you want to remember what you made them to work with. :zonked:

Most importantly, the pictures of the machines on the MD and MnM are fantastic and I want to see more! :kiss:

Automap sounds or kits to performance controls. Even if you couldn’t map all the parameters it’d make creating variations fast.

Midi out the sequencer tracks not just the CV. I want to throw out my midi sequence to external modules.

MIDI CC to be able to control Mute/Solo of tracks.

I desperately want to be able to plock all arpeggiator parameters, being able to turn it on/off per step, changing the speed, etc.

I’m on the give us more than 128 sounds train i finally filled the analog4 up last night. haha took me long enough! :dizzy_face:

totally changed my experience of the analog4 for the better though. before i didn’t rate it up there with the rest of the elektron boxes, not now.

One thing I’d liked to see on the analog4 would be something like virtual mute tracks for sound locks. the idea is to assign each sound locked sound to a virtual track. you could mute the virtual tracks in the performance mode with unused trig buttons 7 to 16. in this way there is the possiblity to mute more different sounds for live performance.

interesting ! - well, support this cause with your suggestion & +1 in this thread :wink:

I would really love to see better scrolling options on the LFO destination screens.

Preferably like the other synth params -
turn knob normally, slow scrolling.
hold down knob and turn, fast scrolling like it is defaulting to now.

Or even better - the Up / Down arrow buttons allowing you to scroll through the list, up or down, one destination at a time. currently this still just changes octave, even when you are in the LFO dest screens.

I’ve lost many a cool mod routings due to the hyper-scroll of these screens!