A4 Feature Requests

I think it would be nice to dedicate one or two midi channels to select patterns and control mutes and solos through MIDI notes.

I know it’s possible now to select patterns using program changes. But it would be a lot more easyer and practical using just MIDI notes, as any master keyboard could do the job.

One possible solution could be as follows:

MIDI channel 13: around five octaves to select patterns from banks A to D (64 notes/patterns in total); another octave to mute or solo the 6 available channels.
MIDI channel 14: around five octaves to select patterns from banks E to H (64 notes/patterns in total); another octave to mute or solo the 6 available channels (same as before).

#4 is the top of my list! If we could assign separately to the headphone out that would be great. Hard panning would allow four separate outs, and CV would still be available for CV. But if not possible, the CV as audio out idea is a good one.

+1!!!

+1!!![/quote]
get hyakkens editor! $5 :] really worth it

If we could assign separately to the headphone out that would be great

+10
on OT too!
Please!

what I would really like to see (it’s been mentioned before) is an option for LFOs to be independent from sequencer tempo, but have key-tracking mapped to speed.

It wouldn’t need to be available from the parameter pages to be p-lockable, imo it would be sufficient to have it as an option in the Sound Settings, right next to Oscillator Drift.

So there could be three LFO modes:

• Synced (default, current implementation)
  • Free
  • Keytracked

This way it would be relatively painless to implement without a rehaul of the UI.
I’m sure it wouldn’t be very difficult on the DSP side of things either.

Of course, with the setting set to keytrack you can still p-lock the speed & multiplier parameters. The only difference would be that the speed reference would not be the sequencer tempo, but the note being played/sequenced.

But it would vastly expand the range of sounds you could get from this thing.
Getting quite unique tones here when simulating the behaviour by p-locking lfo-speed to match up with oscillator tunings.

1 Like

+1 -1 +1 -1 +1
Excuse LFO pun
What void said! But as there’s indeed no obvious ui place to put it I’d extend it
to being a similar modulation matrix to those already found in sound settings - s0 in addition to velocity MW AT breath & bend I’d add keytrack as a Source for 5 destinations. However as there’s no room in the sound sysex file (as it stands) I’d kick out the breath controller slot ! just sayin’

yeah I think it’s not a problem to change the data layout & size between OS versions, they can do that. :slight_smile:

a minor thing:

I often want to check the numeric values for sound parameters, especially for EG/LFO depths if they are close to 0 or exactly 0 (Actually, for these knobs it would be great if you could see whether they are 0 at any time by showing this graphically). For p-locks you can do this by pressing/holding trig buttons, this will highlight locked parameters and show the numbers. But for not-locked parameters you have to click the encoders, which feels a bit fickle/scary/dangerous imo as there’s a chance of accidentally changing the value.

A possible implementation would be: holding down the track button would show the numeric values for all parameters on a page.

i’ve also thought of this very issue - it is a significant problem to run the risk of shifting a value as you press the encoder - the solution i thought of was to press the level encoder in as a safe way to show briefly the settings of all the current page encoders, i can see no conflict in this solution and it is intuitive (to me) - it could even toggle the dial to be swapped momentarily by a value so you keep the encoder heading on screen too
surely if they change the size and layout then backwards incompatibility becomes a headache unless there’s a conversion utility - i’ve painstakingly mapped out the sound set i actually don’t want them to change it : - ]
whilst we are on UI improvements, I think double tapping the Function button should get you clean out of any menu you are in whatever the depth, fumbling for the no button and coming out of deep menus is a bit long winded imho

I don’t know about other A4 users, but I REALLY wish knob twiddling wouldn’t override p-locks. At least they could make it switchable.

As far as I know that would require a redesign of the hardware, at least on the A4.

6 midi tracks like on the octatrack…And make the arpeggiator as on Octatrack aswell with p-locking.

Bigger screen, how the f…ck did they think in dev, when desiding to make more things on screen and in the same time make the screen smaller???

Please make the text over values snap back faster after editing.

Is it just me? but i need to look at the screen when editing

I would like to see a clock multiplier on the lfo. Allowing for stutters much like RTRG / RTIM on the Machinedrum.

This may already be in the A4 and I just haven’t tripped over it.

I’d also love to see the ability to change the knob resolution from a default of “fine” to a default of “course”

There are times I don’t want to push down the rotary encoder to do course movements…AT TIMES I’d rather have it default to course with the ability to change it when I need to.

1 Like

There is a clock multiplier on the LFO’s already :slight_smile:

a secondary page in the arpeggiator pattern for sound locks per arpeggiator step.

Great to see more people interested in key tracked LFOs.

one option for implementing this would be to add a “TRK” option after the “2K” in the coarse speed selection. In “TRK” mode the SPD parameter would become notes and would not change with the overall tempo.

The with the amount of possible destinations this would vastly increase the sonic (while musical) possibilities.

This gets my vote for #1 request.

good idea integrating this with the MULT parameter instead of hiding it in the sound settings, enabling p-locking this which could be very interesting…

with the implementation i’ve outlined above on the other hand, the speed + mult parameters could take the role of coarse + fine, matching the behaviour of the oscillator tuning parameters. This would allow for finegrained adjustments, slight beating etc…

a problem that might arise could be that the digital LFOs might not be high enough resolution for tracking the entire range of the audio oscillators… so they’d turn into mush if they get too fast… or they could automatically fold back down in octave steps…

hi Elektron, pls? :slight_smile:

[ul]
[li]Some sort of distortion in the chorus-section would beef up the fx [/li]
[li]also, if ever possible (hw-limitation), a light improved overdrive[/li]
[li]for the audio-inputs an EQ, not too complex… but some :wink:[/li]
[/ul]

I would like to have an option to change the CV track to a midi track mode.
It would be nice to control an external synth (without cv inputs) connected to A4 input.

1 Like