A "MIDI hack" to turn the A4 into a "paraphonic A8"

Regarding the Analog Keys, I don’t have it, but I had an idea of how it could work if someone wanted to try… here’s an idea: in MULTIMAP, split the keyboard so that the left side sends notes to the track as usual, but the right side sends out MIDI. Then, loop that MIDI back into the AK (AK MIDI OUT -> Computer/BomeBox -> AK MIDI IN) and use the third line of my script to convert that MIDI to CC. You don’t need the BomeBox or to buy the software to try this out, you could use a computer running MIDI Translator Pro but you’d need a USB MIDI interface. Let me know if you have a chance to try it out!

1 Like

Excellent tutorial! Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Seriously, @Ess and @Olle - consider bringing this idea of developed paraphonic sequencing to whoever’s the product owner of the A4. That’d be about as game changing as the condtriggers were. And in terms of functionality, it’s already there as separate tuning of the oscillators. Essentially, you could just have one grid per oscillator tuning and find a way that makes sense to switch between the two, and you’d bring it home.

2 Likes

Guessing, but Rk002 as a midi channel split functionality AFAIK. I used Midipal to differenciate each note, in 8 channels.
4x8 events in EPPlus.

Splitting channels isn’t enough - you need to convert one channel from NOTE to CC. I don’t think RK002 lets you write custom scripts today but I believe they’re working on it

Yeah, I used Midipal + Event Processor Plus
I’ll check your settings, maybe it will help me to to use EPPlus only.

1 Like

A4_paraphony7_Level.rtf (12.7 KB)

2 Likes