7 × OS Update

I don’t trust new Elektron firmwares. There are a lot of sad reports on the MKII generation updates here in the forum (including this thread) and my OT has become an unreliable machine since 1.30B/C.

seriously?
there is an extra note about that:

7 Likes

Thanks for that. Weird, this glitch happens occasionally. When I press yes, I get “confirmed” message but destination list appears again. It’s like knob value changes as if it turned just slightly. Hope it’s not hardware error or anything. I’ll try downgrading to see what happens.

Can anyone elucidate this new feature more: “Increased the number of LFO speed snap values.”

Is this new LFO sync values that are faster/slower?

No, it means that you can locate certain values quickly by using function as a modifier/snap key

As it stands on the original AR the snap values are(were) Min / Zero / Max

so it’s easy to add more !

the factor of speed_x_mult will determine if an LFO syncs up with the pattern, the new snap values seem to facilitate on the grid lfo rates

1 Like

Ollie responded in another thread that there have been 3 regressions across the 7 os drops, only one of them is critical.

So, either people aren’t actually reporting their bugs or there is an extensive amount of noise being made on the board over the few bugs there are.

1 Like

No issues with 1.30B and OT MKI for me.
What are yours ? I think I read it.
I don’t update systematically if everything works. Trig Conditions worth it !

well, there is a thread that came out today about people having their " machine " ( digitone and digitakt ) freeze since the last update. Thought i should mention it … at least, i won’t update before i know what’s going on

This person is referring to the digitone only. The persons just keeps referring to it as the dt.

Upgraded my digitakt as soon as the update dropped. it’s working as expected.

Not happy about some of those removed quick snap lfo values, but no issue otherwise.

2 Likes

That is correct. I am talking about my Digitone.
Just for your Information: I also updated my Digitakt from what I think was 1.08 to 1.10 and have been hammering on it since. No problems so far. Had not have any problem with the Digitakt in the past except missing the notes on trig 1 when slaved to another device. But thats another story ;)…

2 Likes

Your original post seems to have been misinterpreted by some to believe that both your digitone and digitakt have had issues since update.

2 Likes

Seems so, replace DT with DN for better understanding as these abbreviations are a lot more commonly used in the forums

2 Likes

im all updated and have over 10 hours of jams clocked with no issues. my DN froze a few times on the old OS but has yet to do so after the update.

2 Likes

I described it here.
And I added some other related issues in the same topic.
I suspect that part changing got broken in 1.30B/C.

I’m in contact with support. They are aware of recording length problems which hopefully get fixed sometime. Hopefully much sooner than Elektron’s soon :slight_smile:

But hey, we’re talking off-topic here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At last. This makes me a lot more confident about Elektron again.

So basically I loose OB functionality and a stable OS in favor for a DVCO and Transfer App? Bad deal.

The OS update seems rushed to calm down the criticism. But yeah, in the end it’s free choice if you update or not.

1 Like

This might be unrelated but as I downloaded the updated OS, and the first thing I went to check was the Overbridge compatibility. The Overbridge mode was there on the Digitakt, but I couldn’t connect it to my computer. So the way I understand it OB support is added in the OS 1.10 update, but the current version of OB (1.15.0) can’t connect to the Digitakt.
So Digitakt users will have to wait for an updated version of OB before they can join in on the fun?
Hope this makes any sense

Everyone is waiting to join the fun. Add yourself to the list if you still can.

The new firmwares are absolutely necessary for new OB support. How is that a bad deal? If old OB support is that big of a deal to you, just keep using the old OS until the new OB is released. If not, jump on the new one. If you want it all, try applying for a Beta slot.

The Beta testers couldn’t test the new OB support without the new OS. A lot of people don’t even use OB in the first place, so why not have the option to get some new features?

The choice is there, and it likely won’t be all that long until the full release.

A nice bi-product is also that people can bitch 15% less in the meantime about all this.

9 Likes

Calm down, Dustin.
I just wrote my personal opinion.

I don’t hate Elektron, I just wish that after all the (righteous) criticism they would have properly tested the new OS. Look at the RYTM bugs you’ll get in exchange for the DVCO.

Also I said it’s up to everyone to upgrade or not. Stay cool.