32min Digitone & Eurorack ambient live set

Dear Elektronauts! I recently played an ambient live set in Berlin with my portable eurorack system and the Digitone, which als sequenced the modular. The whole show is now on youtube on the channel ‘Lost & Found’ who filmed and edited the gig. The audio was recorded with mics in the room (an old brewery that has an insane reverb). And yes, I go full silence between tracks.

You can watch the entire 32 minute set here:

13 Likes

nice

1 Like

Delicious. Gonna absorb this later.

1 Like

real nice as usual ! i got a question … How do you like the K-Mix ? i was tempted a while ago but didn’t find any good infos … again, real nice to see that you can perform ! They made a great video. All good

2 Likes

Very very good! Having other people taking care of the production of a video is gold.

1 Like

Ambient music sounds very nice but I fall asleep in about 5 mins every time!

1 Like

Thanks for watching/listening, guys. Glad you enjoyed the set or at least got a good nap out of it. :slight_smile:

@ML
Regarding the K-Mix, I like it but I don‘t love it. It combines some very useful features and there actually is nothing else like it on the marked. So if you want a super small mixer with three stereo sends that can double as an audio interface, this basically is your only option. Plus it is very easy to travel with.

But I don‘t really gel with the touch strips and rotaries. It just doesn‘t feel that good to me and it’s quite difficult to make a gentle fade with it, to me at least. I don‘t like touch-screens for music either, so if you’re comfortable with jamming on an iPad, this might not be as big of a problem to you.

Also, the lights become almost invisible in a bright surrounding. Besides that, you have to use the editor to control all parameters which sucks. There are a few things that I would like to be able to change on the fly like the low-cut filter.

So you have to set it up at home or make several presets in advance.

I would probably prefer the same thing with knobs and a little screen for the settings. But I will definitely keep using it as it is.

2 Likes

This is really beautiful. You’re work is really inspiring…

1 Like

Thank you!

beautiful performance and such a stylish video to match. wish i’d been there, makes me miss berlin… hope you had good crowd vibes.

1 Like

loving the raumklang. fantastic work!

1 Like