<3 OB-6 love...Part II

Fellow 'Naughts… got tired of watching the news and delved into the man cave for some raw OB fatness…

all melodics + filters etc OB-6… percussive in the hands of the Machinedrum… hope you like…

https://soundcloud.com/nikarga/ob-arps-ii

6 Likes

Damn. I was just talking to a friend right now about how good the OB6 sounds. It is ridiculous. :heart_eyes:

Yes, I keep wanting to come back to it… its hard to make a bad sound!! :metal:t2::sunglasses:

Nice :slight_smile: Jealous all over again :confused:

1 Like

Sounds very good. Definitely receiving some love here…:slight_smile:

Are you also piano player? Or can the ob-6 be played also nicely if your not? I know only basic chords.

I have zero knowledge of piano skills!! I use the hold and arp functions quite extensively and then twist knobs… :slight_smile:
As with any synth, you dont really need piano skills and always have the midi option too. Cant recommend enough!

Wow that sounds so fuzzy and warm, I wanna cuddle it. I played one once and it really did sound great no matter what I did on it. I have my eye on an OB-6 module and driving it from my Pro-2… and imagine eventually having an NI Komlete control 61 to control it with as well. better keep saving my pennies :grimacing:

1 Like

@kidko you wont regret it… have owned soo much gear, nothing has managed to put a smile on my face EVERY time I use it. The immediacy/simplicity coupled with HUGE sound makes it a no brainer…

Although I have to say - im GASing a Pro-2! :+1::joy:

Pro2 & OB6 would be nice! I had the pro2 but sold it to make some more room for the OB6, so I never got to use them together. :cry: Oh well.

At this point what about the Rev2 and OB6? That’s what I’m thinking about (the 16 voice one), and OB6.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: DSI Rev2

OB-6 is great sounding synth, in my opinion THE modern poly. Just beautiful, I was hearing it today. If I ever buy another poly it will be OB-6.

Even though I love me some OBXd (free Oberheim synth plugin) - https://obxd.wordpress.com/ - I still get GAS every time I hear one of your OB6 tunes. :hushed:

you know what, there’s an element of instant gratification and immediacy when you play with it… you have to be an idiot to make it sound bad… and considering im in love with 80s style john carpenter stuff… i sold some gear to raise some cash and make room for it.

2 Likes

I’m really interested in the OB-6, would need to sell some existing gear but that does not bother me.
I was concerned how everyone says it sounds so John Carpenter, and that had me worried because I don’t really like those classic brassy sounds.

But after listening to your pieces though I think I would really like the sound. Sounds like you can mangle it nicely.

1 Like

It’s really really good. I sold it a month ago to try my luck with the new Oberheim Two Voice Pro. I wanted to try a real SEM filter etc. The OB-6 is being missed though and I think I will eventully buy one again.

The only issue with the TVS is midi implementation sucks… but the sound… oh my God that sound…

And thank you btw :+1:

New friends!
OB-6 sounds truely truely amazing. Step aside Virus TI
The sound is next level

2 Likes

Bravo dude! you are gonna love it…

Is there a block function on this board? I get sick with envy whenever these threads pop back up. :yum:

CONGRATS!