Dave Mech new liveset online! 2xDigitakt, Digitone, AH, Xone db4

Hi fellow Elektronauts,

In this topic I’ll be posting my livesets (the one at the top is the most recent)

Live performance for Radio Nachtlab live stream.:

Live Perfomance @ ADE for Allen&Heath Xone

Live perfomance @ Patterns Festival 2018:

Earlier work (home recording):

Hope you enjoy these sets! Let me know your thoughts in the comments, curious to hear what you think.

30 Likes

cool stuff bro. in germany we would call this: Amtlich! :wink: Definitely works in a Club.

Somethings missing in your Setup though. The third Digitakt :slight_smile: Or have you reserved this empty place for Elektrons next Machine in Digi/Heat Format? :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks umonox!!

Haha :smile:. There’s indeed space left for one more digitakt/heat sized apparatus. For now this is the setup, but if elektron does decide to release such a thing, than probably yes :). Thanks for watching dude!

1 Like

Dream setup ! I want one of those DB4 :slight_smile: , also very groovy , i would dance to it.

1 Like

Can.you.sync.the.db4
I once.had.one.but.didnt.succeed…
Without midi.sync.it.was.not.stable
Without.a.computer.i.couldnt.sync

Your.punctuation.is.confusing!

1 Like

My phone screen is broken and the space didnt work

1 Like

:blush:

although a broken screen is actually more :sob:

unless you have a good insurance. then its :joy:

Hi wouzer,

I don’t sync the db4. Sadly it’s impossible without a computer. I have very few syncing issues however. The bpm counters are very solid in my experience. For some offbeat techno I need to use tap tempo so it tracks the right rhythm, but that’s about it. Sometimes it will show 150% of the bpm with offbeat tracks, but I actually use that to my advantage sometimes :slight_smile:

I leave loops running for about a minute or two regularly without it drifting too much.

Thanks for watching and listening :smiley:

Doesn’t the DB4 accept Midi clock, or send midi clock to slave the others? Does it have midi din ports?

Nope, it doesn’t have midi ports. Would’ve been awesome if it had, and I don’t get why they didn’t implement that. :slight_smile: but its bpm detection is pretty good! Good enough for me anyway.

I love this set up and its outcome.

sounds great, love the dub sound around the 9 minute mark. :slight_smile:

This looping didnt work Well for me… that is Why I sold my db4 and went to the kaoss pad 3… even without sync it was 100% in sync with elektron
Later with Digitakt, I prepared a loop within Digitakt

2 Likes

Ah yeah. That’s not really how I transition between grooves though. I use the db4 as a mixer and grandiose fx unit with all of its filters. It’s pretty much irreplaceable in how I use this setup. I use the filters on fx (I use 2 channels dedicated for fx plus the fx on the digitakt channels themselves). It’s great for that.
So far haven’t had any annoyances with the bpm tracking. Sometimes I have to tap tempo, but then it stays pretty much locked to the right tempo because it learns by doing that.

@jefones thanks for the kind words!
@303abuser thanks dude, appriciate it!

1 Like

Great!! since you don’t use the little synth down there…First!:grin:

1 Like

Haha :smiley: yes, that’s my lovely dominion 1. Maybe down the road I’ll add it to me live setup, but for now I went with this compact setup because I want it to fit easily in a club. (I actually use it in another live act called Desynk with two mates of mine)

Just bought a db4, to combine with my ar mk2 :flushed:

1 Like

Can you remind us again which case that is? I have a DB2 and would love to create a similar setup.

1 Like