1.30 Acid tips please

Hi guys,

(Please excuse me if this has already been talked about, did a google search but didn’t spot any threads started after the 1.30 update).

Just wondering what tips people have for using the new machines to make acid lines?
Planning to spend next few days exploring this, and have been really happy with (pre 1.30 update) acid lines I’ve made on Rytm - ,now that i have some free time since the update, looking forward to getting stuck in with the new machines.

All input appreciated :slight_smile:

try a 303

There’s a few tips in this thread

1 Like

ha, but why would I do that; I’d like to create a contemporary Acid tone, with p-locks, using a machine I already have!

Thanks for the thread link :slight_smile:

Square single cycle wave + filter + good sequencing

i have not tried. but yeah. a single cycle wav…
sequencer… slide function

Thanks! I had real good results with the OSCAR single cycle waves but found it tough to recreate in other projects, will explore again :slight_smile:

Cheers!

BD Sharp is great for acidy synthesis. I think it sounds best with the sawtooth or ‘sinetooth’ waveforms. Turn SWD and TIC all the way down, DEC all the way up (maybe mess with hold? I can’t recall off the top of my head), and then start playing with the filter cutoff and filter envelope to taste. I wouldn’t compare it to a 303, but it can get squelchy in its own right. The AR slide doesn’t come near the feel of a 303 though.

I second that, try a real 303, x0x, or TB3.

If you call acid to those pseudo basslines with some high resonance settings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxjUI1OTdI), then you may be ok only with the Rytm.

But if you need those sounds that seems broken, sound hard, and classic musical slides, then nothing like a x0x with some distortion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnnB8oP_rbM) <- I did that one long time ago :slight_smile:

TT-303 user here. Have two of them and couldn’t be happier.

And don’t forget the ProCo Rat after!

Get the twisted-electrons acid8